The latest update for Apple iMovie for iOS gives the video editing application a green screen feature, 80 new soundtracks, ClassKit support, and so on.
Many other video editing apps offer a green screen feature, but it's nice to have the option available in iMovie. The function allows you to delete everything in the background, whether it is green or blue, and you can adjust the effect with a 4-point mask as well as its strength. To test this, I took a video of my trip to Hawaii and added it to a green / blue screen over a clip of my beloved Popplio doll. iMovie erased the blue of my video on the beach and the sky, reminiscent of a giant Popplio terrorizing Hawaii. The magic of video editing!
Additional features include the ability to drop images with transparent backgrounds and use photos as overlays to create effects such as an image in the image and a split screen. With these features, as well as the future iOS 13 finally allowing users to rotate videos directly from the Photos application without the need for a third-party application, it seems that Apple pays special attention to Simple features of the occasional video editor.
The free update is now available. You can view the full list of new features below.
• Transform your video with the new green screen effect that lets you instantly delete the background of clips shot in front of a green or blue screen.
• Adjust the green screen effect with a 4-point mask and a force slider.
• Choose from 80 new soundtracks in genres including pop, chill and sentimental, which automatically adjusts to the length of your movie.
• Add still images with transparent backgrounds to use as custom logos or graphics on the top of your video.
• Add photos in overlays to create split-screen and split-screen effects
• Choose to hide the border surrounding the image effects in the split screen and image
• Instantly return to the screen of your project when you return to iMovie from other applications.
• ClassKit support allows students to assign video tasks to teachers using the Schoolwork application
• For video users in iMovie Theater, the Movie window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen.
• Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported. save your movies and trailers on iCloud Photos to watch on other devices, including Apple TV
• Fixes a problem that can generate a black viewer when previewing your video in full screen on an external display