I may be in the same situation, but I still download a lot of music from Spotify. It's very convenient to have songs stored locally on my phone for a multitude of reasons. I can listen without buying Wi-Fi in flight, and every day during my trips on the New York subway when Wi-Fi and LTE signals are inevitably cut underground.
Having easy access to these downloaded songs and albums is important to me, but the last update of Spotify the current deployment (version 184.108.40.2067 for Android and 220.127.116.111 for iOS) makes their search more difficult for Premium users.
The "Your Library" section of the app not only looks different, but Spotify has eliminated the "Songs" section, leaving only "Playlists", "Artists" and "Albums". Do not worry, all your songs are still there. . They have just been moved a bit.
These instructions are the same as you have the iOS or Android version of Spotify.
- To see your discography, tap "Your Library" in the lower options tray.
- To sort your music according to the albums you have downloaded to your device, click the "Albums" tab, then slide your finger to display a search bar. Next to this bar is a "Filters" button. Click on it and filter by "Downloads".
- To find individual songs, which in use To be easily nested in "Your library" in a tab called "Songs", you must follow several steps. First, click on the "Playlists" tab. Once there, go to the "Liked Songs" playlist, where all your downloaded songs are. (All the songs you've downloaded are automatically "liked", so it makes sense that this is where they would be, but it's still confusing.)
- Once in the "Favorite Songs" playlist, click on the menu button located at the top right of the screen to display some settings. Click "Filter downloaded songs" to view only the songs you have downloaded. Even if you enable Spotify's "Offline Mode" in the application settings, you will still need to sort your music by downloads, otherwise, several unreadable songs will be displayed.
- If you wish, you can now click on "Random Play" to randomize the songs.
It's … a lot of steps to listen to the songs you have recorded locally on your phone. Hopefully, Spotify will make future versions easier to access.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence the editorial content, although Vox Media can earn commissions for products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.